"THE authorities have identified the culprit responsible for circulating post-mortem pictures of child murder victim Nurin Jazlin Jazimin, Harian Metro reported.
Selangor police chief Datuk Khalid Abu Bakar was quoted as saying that the case has been taken over by Bukit Aman.
Nurin’s father Jazimin Abdul Jalil, 34, had on Thursday filed a negligence suit against the police and Government over post-mortem photographs of his daughter appearing online." - Star Online
The above news items appeared at most other newspapers reporting Datuk Khalid's reaction on the suit filed by Jazimin last Thursday.
Ironically, such statement was actually made by none other than the Inspector General himself as early as November 3rd, 2007, almost TEN months ago.
To recap, here's the news item carried by Bernama on that particular day :-
KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 3 (Bernama) -- The identity of the individual responsible for distributing the autopsy pictures of murdered Nurin Jazlin Jazimin, eight, has been identified and will be charged in court soon.
Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Musa Hassan who disclosed this Friday night, said the investigation had been completed.
"We have identified the person and he will be charged soon. We will inform the media when we are ready to charge him," he told reporters after a police Hari Raya Aidilfitri open house at the Police Training Centre here.
He said the police could not provide more details on the individual as investigations into Nurin's murder case were still ongoing.
The autopsy pictures of Nurin, a Year Two pupil of Sekolah Kebangsaan Desa Setapak who went missing in August and whose dead body was found stuffed in a sports bag in the PJS area on Sept 20, were widely distributed through the Internet last month.
Can anyone now blame Nurin's parents for filing the suit after such a long period of lull with no charges, no news after almost ten months! Put yourself in Nurin's parents shoes, only then you'll understand.